Microbiology Managers: Managerial Training in the RItrain Project
R. Russell M. Paterson, Nelson Lima, Cath Brooksbank, Enrico Guarini, Markus Pasterk, Marialuisa Lavitrano, and on behalf of the RItrain project consortium
Poster, Abstracts, Slides
Markus Pasterk and Cath Brooksbank, on behalf of the RItrain Consortium
Markus Pasterk, Administrative Director BBMRI-ERIC
PPT presentation given at ESSB 2015.
Relevant Publications of the Application
- European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures. Strategy Report on Research Infrastructures: Roadmap 2010, EU Publications Office. (EU Publications Office, 2010).
- Anon. ERA progress report: 'single market' for research closer, not yet a reality. Europa Press Release Database (2013).
- Anon. Descriptors defining levels in the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Council of the European Union. amending Regulation (EC) No 723/2009 concerning the Community legal framework for a European Research Infrastructures Consortium (ERIC). Official Journal of the European Union (2013).
- Council of the European Union Community legal framework for a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC). (2009).
- Archibugi, D. The Technological Specialization of advanced countries: A report to the EEC on International Science and Technology Activities. (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1992).
- Larsen, P. O. & von Ins, M. The rate of growth in scientific publication and the decline in coverage provided by Science Citation Index. Scientometrics 84, 575-603, doi:10.1007/s11192-010-0202-z (2010).
- Maiani, L., Kafatos, F., Rodotà, A., Cesarsky, C., Stirling, W., Carlile, C., Paméla, J., . EIROforum Charter. (2002).
- Anon. MERIL database
- Anon. MERIL list of research infrastructures.
- Davis, N. L. & Willis, C. E. A new metric for continuing medical education credit. J. Contin. Educ. Health Prof. 24, 139-144, doi:10.1002/chp.1340240304 (2004).
- Campbell, C., Silver, I., Sherbino, I., Ten Cate, O. & Holmboe, E. S. Competency-based continuing professional development. Med. Teach. 32, 657-662, doi:10.3109/0142159x.2010.500708 (2010).
- Silva, H. et al. Core Competencies for Pharmaceutical Physicians and Drug Development Scientists. Frontiers in Pharmacology 4, doi:10.3389/fphar.2013.00105 (2013).
- European Commission The European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. (European Commission, 2005).
- Welch, L. et al. Bioinformatics curriculum guidelines: toward a definition of core competencies. PLoS Comp. Biol. 10, e1003496 (2014).
- Vitae. The Vitae Researcher Development Framework and Researcher Development Statement: methodology and validation report. (Vitae, 2012).
- Scholz, B. Developing Research Careers In and Beyond Europe: Enabling – Observing – Guiding and Going Global. (European Science Foundation, 2012).
- European Commission Research and innovation as sources of renewed growth. Official Journal of the European Union COM(2014), 339 (2014).
- Payton, A., Janko, C., Renn, O., Hardman, M. & EMTRAIN Consortium. on-course(®) portal: a tool for in- service training and career development for biomedical scientists. Drug Discov. Today 18, 803-806 (2013).
- Rochow, R., Peró, M., Pook, K., Tchonkova, D., Marinova, D., Gheorghiu, R. and Niţă, V. FenRiAM full guide. (2011).
- Anon. Policy on women and science.
- Anon. Towards women in science and technology.
- Anon. Helsinki Group web page.
- European Commission Gender Equality in Horizon 2020. (2014).
- Anon. in Budapest-Vienna Ministerial Conference (Budapest and Vienna, 2010).
- Rizzuto, C. RAMIRI Handbook.
- Hardman, M. et al. LifeTrain: towards a European framework for continuing professional development in biomedical sciences. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 12, 407-408, doi:10.1038/nrd4026 (2013).
Watch our extended webinar series
RItrain has developed a series of webinars featuring leading personnel from research...
CTLS2020 - The Core Technologies for Life Sciences congress: an opportunity you should not miss
The Core Technologies for Life Sciences congress is a major international event...
Slides and recordings available from RItrain Workshop ‘Building Leadership in European Research Infrastructures’
A very interactive and informative RItrain Workshop on ‘Building Leadership in European Research...
Join the RItrain Workshop ‘Building Leadership in European Research Infrastructures’ via Livestream
CTLS2019@Pasteur training school
The 3-day training school “ Building a Successful Career in a Core Facility ” ...
*Call for applications - The Executive Masters in Management of Research Infrastructures - Third Edition
The Executive Masters in Management of Research...
first MBAs awarded to EMMRI class
We are proud to announce the graduation of the participants of the first EMMRI programme....
Building Leadership in European Research Infrastructures - WORKSHOP
Building Leadership in European Research Infrastructures Common challenges, best practices...
Job opportunity: Project Engineer at the Euro-Argo ERIC office
The Euro-Argo ERIC is a European Research Infrastructure Consortium with a legal statute...
Science and Society - Workshop
14 th - 15 th January 2019 Milano-Bicocca University Via R. Bicocca degli Arcimboldi, 8 ...
External Advisory Board submits its 3rd Evaluation Report
The External Advisory Board (EAB) of RItrain has submitted its 3rd Evaluation Report reiterating...
RItrain has successfully held its 3rd Annual General Assembly
RItrain has successfully held its 3rd Annual General Assembly in Prague from 25-26...
Registrations are open for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion workshop for Research Infrastructures
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion workshop will bring together representatives from...
EMBL Workshop on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute will be hosting an interactive workshop on Equality,...
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Applications for the Executive Masters in Management of Research Infrastructures are open now...
Executive Masters in Management of Research Infrastructures sucessfully delivers first module
The Executive Masters in Management of Research Infrastructures has been successfully launched,...
Apply now for the Executive Masters in Management of Research Infrastructures
Develop your skills for leading research infrastructures with a global impact. Apply now for...
RItrain Staff Exchanges: Call for Hosts 2017/18
A new call for hosts within the RItrain staff exchange programme is now open. The...
RItrain Webinar Series Kicks Off
Learn from experienced leaders in research infrastructures through our series of webinars. ...
Call for applications for Staff Exchange in the area of governance, business context and operational planning for hubs and nodes
The purpose of RItrain Knowledge / Staff Exchanges is for managerial staff from European...